Monday, October 22, 2012

Once again, you can't trust the weatherman. They said sunny and beautiful all week, it was cloudy and actually had a downpour. Or maybe I just have a dark cloud following me because I went to pick up my convertible from the repair shop and just as I left, rain came down in buckets. Oh well, got a free car wash, inside and out!
The skies finally cleared in the afternoon and it did turn out to be a nice Indian summer kind of day. There were 2 sets of lessons for the day. One was a little boy who has not been in awhile. He is such a character! He had come to the summer horse camp back in July and remembered everything. The first thing he did when he got on the horse was stand straight up on her back! Oh to be a kid again with no fear of danger.
Last night I talked to my hay man about the last delivery they made. I was supposed to get alfalfa but ended up with orchard grass. He is crediting my account $1/bale (200). The horses will eat it but you can tell they don't like it as well. They keep switching from flake to flake trying to find the "good stuff". The hay man did just get a 6th cutting which will be extremely high in protein. That will be good come December when I will need another load.

No comments:

Post a Comment